1. The UploadZen Setup Package
The UploadZen setup package (the roxority_UploadZen.zip file) is a zipped archive containing:
- Inst_2013.exe — a setup wizard for adding or removing UploadZen to/from the SharePoint 2013 server farm, to be run by a farm administrator user on the "primary" SharePoint 2013 farm server — in a multi-server farm environment, that is the server hosting Central Administration.
- Inst_2010_2007.exe — a setup wizard for adding or removing UploadZen to/from the SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2007 server farm, to be run by a farm administrator user on the "primary" SharePoint 2010/2007 farm server — in a multi-server farm environment, that is the server hosting Central Administration.
- Additional supporting files (such as the solution package/s) that are required for Inst_2013.exe and Inst_2010_2007.exe to run and must neither be modified nor removed.
2. Installing / uninstalling the UploadZen Solution Package
Run Inst_2013.exe (for SharePoint 2013) or Inst_2010_2007.exe (for SharePoint 2010 or 2007) — DO SO ONLY:
- on the "primary" SharePoint farm server — in a multi-server farm environment, that is the server hosting Central Administration
- under user account credentials that are added to the Farm Administrators group in your SharePoint Central Administration
Deinstallation: — the setup wizard will first determine whether any version of UploadZen is currently deployed or installed in the server farm.
- If so, it immediately proceeds to retract it from all Web Applications,
- then removes it from the server farm's solution store.
- (Re)installation: — the setup wizard will then prompt you whether to proceed installing and deploying UploadZen to your SharePoint server farm:
- We highly recommend performing a full IISRESET on all farm servers after the setup wizard has finished.
- Even when UploadZen is deployed in a Web Application, before you can offer your Bulk File Uploads for Document Libraries in a given Site, the UploadZen Library Integration Site Collection Feature needs to be activated for the parent Site Collection, as described in the Feature Activation section below. (The setup wizard will attempt to perform these Feature Activations for you, but does not check whether this succeeded.)
Once you have successfully completed the setup wizard, you can start defining your own custom Multiple-File Uploads (via Site Settings / UploadZen Studio / Upload Actions) immediately, or explore the out-of-box, factory default Upload Action interactively immediately.
3. Activating the Site Collection Feature
The UploadZen Library Integration feature is a SharePoint Site Collection-scoped Feature, which needs to be 'activated' on each Site Collection it is to be used in.
- Select Site Settings from the Site Actions menu.
- The Site Settings page contains the Site Collection Administration section. In this section, click the Site collection features link. If it doesn't exist, click the Go to top level site settings link in the Site Collection Administration section instead, and on the root Web Site Settings page now showing, click the Site collection Features link inside the Site Collection Administration section.
- The Site Collection Features page (not the Site Features page!)
should contain a row titled UploadZen Library Integration.
- If it does, click the Activate button to enable your
Upload Actions inside this Site Collection; or click the Deactivate button
to disable the UploadZen library toolbar menu items and ribbon menu throughout this
- If the row doesn't exist, the UploadZen solution package was not
yet deployed to this Web Application. On the System Settings page (Operations
in SharePoint 2007) in the Central Administration, click Manage Farm Solutions
(Solution management in SharePoint 2007). On the Solution Management
page, click roxority_uploadzen_xyz.wsp (the xyz part will be different
depending on your SharePoint version) to open the Solution Properties page.
Click Deploy Solution, then select this Site Collection's parent web
application and click OK. (The deployment is delegated to a background job
scheduled to run either at the date and time specified, or as soon as possible.
Once started, it may take this job up to a few minutes to finish deployment.)
- If it does, click the Activate button to enable your Upload Actions inside this Site Collection; or click the Deactivate button to disable the UploadZen library toolbar menu items and ribbon menu throughout this Site Collection.