The following articles from the FilterZen Blog further describe how to accomplish commonly-requested tasks with FilterZen:
- How To Create and Set Up Filter Web Parts Programmatically — describes how to programmatically provision Web Parts to Web Part Pages in general, and then specifically how to populate a FilterZen Filter Web Part with Filters and configure both its Filter settings and Web Part settings from C# or other .NET code.
- Value-range filtering, ie. matching data falling in certain intervals:
- Using Value-Range Filtering and CAML Operators in Filter Web Parts — introduces the FilterZen CAML-Filtering mode and how to achieve all kinds of dynamic range filters such as date ranges ("from ... until"), numeric ranges ("between") or even textual ranges ("A-G", "H-O", "P-Z" etc.)
- Advanced Date Range Filtering — builds on the previous article and further elaborates on different techniques for various kinds of end user-facing date filtering controls (such as Month and Year drop-downs in place of Date Pickers).
- SharePoint Value Range Filtering: the New, Simplified Way
- SharePoint List Filtering by Date Spans: a Stepwise Tutorial
- An "Upcoming Birthdays" Web Part in 10 minutes
- Month and Year Drop-Downs for Advanced Date Range Filtering in SharePoint
- Wild-Card Search ("Contains" Filtering) with Filter Web Parts — describes how the FilterZen CAML-Filtering mode and the Contains operator can be used to achieve wild-card-like filtering against List View, Data Form, Data View and Business Data Connectivity List or Related List Web Parts.
- SharePoint List Filtering by User Group Membership
- List Filtering: Highlighting Partial Matches in Search Results
- Adding an "Advanced Search" interface to any List or Web Part in no time -- with the new on-the-fly Filters
- Simplified Cascading for Multiple Choice Drop-Down Filters
- Filtering SharePoint Lists using nested AND / OR operator precedence hierarchies
- Adding a List View selector drop-down control to your Filter Web Part
- Populating text box filters with URL query string parameter values
- Setting up List View Web Part Connections on List Form pages
- Filtering SQL-based Data View Web Parts