The FilterZen Filter Web Part lets you to filter other SharePoint Web Parts, such as List View Web Parts and Data View Web Parts, using a comprehensive range of filtering methods.
Being a Web Part, you can add FilterZen's versatile filtering tools to all kinds of SharePoint pages, including but not limited to:
- Web Part Pages that you create yourself from the Create page (or by clicking New in a Document Library with the Web Part Page document template)
- All (built-in and custom) List Views and Document Library Views
- List Forms (New, Edit, Display — adding Web Parts to those forms cannot be done from the browser, but can be done from other page design tools such as SharePoint Designer)
- Home pages in all web site templates
- Search Results pages in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS)
- Pages and tabs in Document and Meeting Workspace web sites
- All pages in Blog and Wiki web sites
The FilterZen Filter Web Part lets you to filter "everything that's filterable":
- Lists, including built-in lists such as Announcements, Calendars, Links, Tasks and of course your own Custom Lists
- Document Libraries, including Shared Documents, Form Libraries, Wiki Page Libraries, Picture Libraries and any other document library
- XML / XSLT-based Data Views (those were typically created in SharePoint Designer or manually developed in XSLT and are most-often bound to list data)
- Other Web Parts: FilterZen integrates into the Web Part Connections infrastructure, so whenever any given Web Part can receive filters via Connections, FilterZen can send them.
The FilterZen Filter Web Part lets you set up the following kinds of filters:
- Text Filters
— you specify a text filter value directly, or let users enter one.
- Choice Filters
— you specify a set of filter values to let users pick one from.
- Date Filters
— you specify an absolute or relative date filter value, or let users enter or pick one.
- List Lookup Filters
— you specify a List lookup to determine a filter value dynamically, or let users pick one.
- User Filters
— you specify a user filter value directly, or let users pick one.
- Page Column Filters
— determine a filter value dynamically from column values associated with the Web Part Page.
- Page Request Filters
— determine a filter value dynamically from posted form data or the Web Part Page URL.
- SQL Data Filters
— you specify an SQL database or ADO.NET data source lookup to determine a filter value dynamically, or let users pick one.
- BDC Filters
— you specify Business Data Catalog (BDC) data source lookup to determine a filter value dynamically, or let users pick one.